Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Stag Do Tonight

I'm having my stag do tonight. For Americans, "stag do" is what the English call a bachelor's party (a lot of my friends over here are blokes).

Qian and I are having our Chinese ceremony next Monday. Because most of my friends and I work on the weekends, we figured tonight would be the best night to go out before I get hitched (at least symbolically going through the ceremony... suppose I still have one month until September 6th, the day of real, legal marriage).

We're going to go to one of my favorite restaurants to begin the night: a dumpling restaurant with canons and wood paneling in front near Xi'an's "Bar Street" (I don't even know the name of the restaurant). I like the place a lot both for the food and the home-brewed baijiu they serve.

After a big meal and plenty of baijiu, we're going to head out on the town. Not sure where yet, but there are plenty of choices.

A couple months ago, a bunch of my friends and I went to a transsexual cabaret show at a local bar in Xi'an for our friends' bachelor's party. Some of my friends have hinted that we'll end up there tonight. Just as long as they don't buy me any private dances with trannies there, it should be a great laugh! (For the record, no strip clubs in Xi'an...)

I'd like to end up at either 1+1 or the grimier MGM, two of my favorite dance clubs, by the end of the night.

No matter what happens, it should be a legendary evening!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Mark,
congratulations and all my best wishes for both of you
FC

Mark said...

Thanks a lot, Fernando.

Appreciate it.

andy said...

Tranny Cabaret +10

Anonymous said...

Cheers, have fun man.

Ramesh said...

Hope you had a blast.

Anonymous said...

Hi mate,

I hope you all enjoyed yourselves, I can picture your night. I fully agree with the venues, wish I could've been there to join in!

Andy.

stag do said...

Nice to see. Keep rocking.