Sunday, December 14, 2008

I'm Going to Kansas City...



In about 36 hours, I'll be back in my hometown of Kansas City. My flights and airport layovers - from Xi'an to Beijing to Newark to Kansas City - will total about twenty-six hours or so (fun!).

For my entertainment on the flights, I have Chinese to study, Catch-22 to read, and I've downloaded a bunch of free podcasts from the iTunes store. Hopefully these things will make my journey will be close to bearable.

I don't have too many specific plans for when I'm back in KC. I'd really just like to catch up with my family and friends, who I have not seen in person in almost a year and a half.

This will also be my first Christmas back in Kansas City/America in three years. That will be great.

Unfortunately, I can't bring my girlfriend fiancee, Jackie, back with me. Hopefully she'll be able to come sometime in the not-too-distant future though.

The following are a few of the food items I'm most looking forward to:







And of course:



Kansas City here I come!

1 comment:

Shepherd Snapshots said...

Mmmm... I'm with you on all of the good eats I can't wait to taste when I get back to KC. The pictures of the ribs and Topsy's popcorn...nice...the made my mouth water. :) Have a great time in KC!